The Cambridge Union is the home of aspiring politicos but no aspiring proofreaders it seems. While selling copies of the Big Issue to bemused tourists this afternoon outside the Round Church I spied the following poster advertising upcoming “ents” (student slang for entertainments, or events) and talks. I found seven mistakes just reading it through. How many can you spot? (You might want to view it larger.)
Yes, I know this is super-nerdy.
10 min 58 sec, or 20.3 MB, of glorious widescreen ice is now available from Avaragado Pictures.
Anyone used Google Video or YouTube or similar? (Dis)recommendations?
- Ran about madly in the morning, getting things finished.
- Made sure my new amp and speakers worked. (Spent some more money on Friday.)
- Had the premiere of my new video – La Plagne 2006 – to a select few. Not yet uploaded. Started drinking.
- Toddled as a group down to The Pickerel. Continued drinking.
- Joined by others, including former workmates. Shazzie bought some champagne.
- Went to La Margherita. Ate, drank.
- Went to Sino Tap. Drank until Sunday.
Nothing much happened on Sunday.
So ANT have kicked me out.
I was told last week that they were proposing to outsource my role (and also all documentation, my boggling readers) and that consequently, unless alternative employment could be found for me in a two-week consultation period, I would be made redundant. (This was about three weeks after giving me more line management responsibility and telling me this was the first step in growing my team.)
I suspect, but cannot prove, that the directors have been replaced with space lizards. I think I saw one of them devouring a stunned gerbil on Monday.
No concrete plan yet except to take some time off. I might go freelance again.